Pride Resource Partners LLC (Pride) is a high-performance, professional project management consulting firm that is a certified LGBT-owned diverse business enterprise (DBE). We provide integrated, scalable approaches to augment project management capabilities for mid-sized and large companies as well as municipal, county, and state agencies. We support our clientele in executing on their program and project delivery goals by offering expertise in program and project management, construction management, and technical resourcing solutions.
Our targeted consulting expertise moves clients from strategy to execution to results by providing them with skilled professionals, teams of project leaders, and subject matter experts who manage and implement our clients’ critical-infrastructure projects.
We are proud of our successes— both in terms of executing our contracts with an impeccable record of safety, quality, security, and environmental compliance, and in terms of successfully growing in a few short years from a diverse micro-business (MB) enterprise to a sustainable, diverse small business (SB) enterprise. Since our inception in 2015, noteworthy events include:
- Pride was founded in 2015 by CEO Joe Maak, with headquarters in San Diego, California
- In 2015, Pride joined the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, a national advocacy organization dedicated to expanding economic opportunities for the LGBT business community
- Pride joined the San Diego Equality Business Association in 2015 and continues participation year after year with corporate sponsorship and participation on the board; the SDEBA is a regional advocacy group dedicated to diversity and expanding opportunities for LGBTQ and allied businesses
- In 2016, Pride received the Pioneer Award for Excellence—an award that recognizes the highest standard of excellence in service in the electric utility sector—from San Diego Gas & Electric, a division of Sempra Energy
- Pride joined the distinguished list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies in the American economy when Inc. Magazine announced that Pride was one of the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies for 2019
- Recognizing the benefits of working together to green the electric utility industry supply chain, Pride joined the Electric Utility Industry Sustainable Supply Chain Alliance in 2020
- By our five-year anniversary in October 2020, Pride had grown to over 60 full-time employees in Southern California, Northern California, Idaho, and Michigan
- In 2021, Pride celebrated the signing of contracts with all major investor-owned utilities in California, achieving a goal that we set for ourselves when the company was founded
We recruit our workforce in alignment with our commitment to diversity. The inclusion of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives creates a culture of empowerment, one that fosters innovation, economic growth, and new ideas. Pride’s work culture focuses on:
- Safety, quality, and value
- Giving back to the community
- Diversity and openness
- Excellence and professional growth
- Work–life balance
Motivated to be the best-in-class for our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve, Pride values:
- People — We put people first, and we thrive on diversity and integrity
- Reliability — Our quality is proven in our commitment to excellence
- Integration — Collaborative by design, our clients’ goals become our goals
- Drive — We advance innovative solutions to achieve desired results
- Efficiency — We are dedicated to and promote continuous improvement
“Great company culture with a management team that genuinely cares about growing smart. They’ve figured out synergy between satisfied clients and happy employees, and I’ve never had a better work/life balance in my professional history.”— Anonymous Employee
Pride in Our People
Pride is comprised of a diverse cadre of versatile, dedicated, and knowledgeable subject matter experts with decades of experience in capital projects, construction management, telecommunications, commercial development, strategic planning, and critical infrastructure projects. The diversity of our team at all levels of the organization both enhances operations and leads to diversity and innovation in the solutions we provide for our clients.
Our team brings extensive program, project, and construction management experience along with a proven track record of successfully executing critical infrastructure projects. Pride’s leadership team is also heavily integrated within the communities we serve by way of board and committee appointments at organizations throughout San Diego. Our participation on both the San Diego Equality Business Association and the Mayor’s LGBT Advisory Committee affords Pride the opportunity to be at the front line of critical decision-making that impacts our communities and our clients.
Joe Maak is the founder and CEO of Pride Resource Partners. He has 20 years of experience in multiple areas of project management, construction management, and logistics planning, including planning, directing, overseeing, and coordinating a project portfolio of over 150 locations. Joe is known for his resourcefulness, creative problem-solving, and initiative. He is credited with delivering results by “impossible” deadlines and resolving design problems overlooked by others. His experience is backed by multiple professional degrees and certificates including a bachelor’s degree in urban planning and architecture, master’s degrees in architecture and in building engineering, OSHA 5119 certification, sustainable supply chain management certification, and lead hazard awareness training.
Brian Telesmanic has over 19 years of experience and progressive responsibility in all phases of energy infrastructure and facility capital project management. He has direct involvement and management experience in development, planning, design, budgeting, scheduling, safety, quality, procurement, construction, commissioning, and startup of capital projects. He has proven ability to successfully manage and execute large- and small-scale capital projects, consistently meeting deadlines, budget targets, and quality, environmental, and safety standards. With a proven ability to organize and manage key stakeholders and resources on multibillion-dollar programs and projects, Brian has extensive experience in the utilities sector in which he has made major contributions on a portfolio of projects valued at over $3 billion.
Denis Sanford has experience managing similar work performed by Pride on various programs. Denis is a former utility company employee and has over 30 years of experience related to energy infrastructure— leading teams, programs, projects, and departments. Denis has extensive experience in the utilities, oil, and gas industries, both domestic and international, in which he has completed a portfolio of projects valued at over 20 billion dollars. He has experience in all phases of energy infrastructure capital project development and management including commercial development, planning, design, budgeting, scheduling, safety, quality, procurement, construction, commissioning, and start-up. With a proven ability to successfully manage and execute large- and small-scale capital projects simultaneously, consistently meeting deadlines, budget targets, quality, environmental and safety standards, he has extensive experience accelerating project schedules and turning around troubled projects, resolving challenging obstacles and improving operations. Additionally, Denis is an advisory member for CEATI, which focuses on the innovative improvements and approaches to improve the electrical infrastructure within the US. He is leading innovator in R&D and efforts towards improvements in wildfire mitigation initiatives with California utility companies.
Our high-performance, professional project management consulting services are backed by numerous certifications, memberships, and industry trainings.
With our experienced and knowledgeable staff, we excel in supporting the successful execution of critical infrastructure projects while helping our regulated utility clients meet and exceed supplier diversity goals. Pride is the premier CPUC-certified, LGBT-owned, professional project management consultancy organization within California’s regulated utility space, and our regulated utility clients can claim 100% of their expenditures with Pride as qualified LGBTQ DBE spending.
We are also certified as a Small Local Business Enterprise (SLBE) with the City of San Diego and as a Small Business with the State of California. As a small firm, we are agile and flexible to serve our clients’ interests.
Diverse business enterprise
- LGBTBE DBE: certified as an LGBT Business Enterprise, Diverse Business Enterprise through the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), Utility Supplier Diversity Program
- SB and SB-PW: certified as a Small Business and SB Public Works through the California DGS, Office of SB & DVBE Services (OSDS)
- SLBE: certified as a Small Local Business Enterprise through the City of San Diego, SLBE Program
- LGBTBE: certified as an LGBT Business Enterprise through the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
- Veriforce compliant (member, Veriforce Compliance & Trainings Solutions)
- ISNetworld “A” rating
- OSHA 5119 – CAL/OSHA Standards for the General Industry (UCSD) San Diego
- OSHA 5109 – CAL/OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry (UCSD) San Diego
- Title 49 CFR Part 40 and 382, Controlled Substances & Alcohol Testing Program (CDTA)
- Disposing of Hazardous Wastes (United Technology Aerospace)
- PMI – Project Management Institute
- IFMA – International Facilities Management Association
- CMAA – Construction Management Association of America
- AACE – American Association of Cost Engineering
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management (United Technology Aerospace)
- Export Controls: Military Products (ITAR) (United Technology Aerospace)
- Export Controls: Commercial and Military Products (BIS) (United Technology Aerospace)
- Export Compliance and International Travel (United Technology Aerospace)
Licensure + Registrations
- Class A and B: Class A and B contractor, licensed by the California Contractors State License Board (CSLB), license #1068236
- Real estate: licensed by the California Department of Real Estate, license number 01723328
- A Limited Liability Corporation: registered with the California Secretary of State, file number 201527910362
- City business registration: a registered business in the City of San Diego, number 2016000503
- Dun & Bradstreet: DUNS number 080029760